Now you’re cooking with flax.
1 Tbsp of ground Omega Golden Flax Seed plus 3 Tbsp water = 1 egg.
Substitute a 1:3 ratio of ground flax seed and water mixture for each egg in recipes for pancakes, muffins and cookies. Allow to sit for several minutes together before adding to your recipe.
BUTTER / OIL
3 Tbsp ground Omega Golden Flax Seed = 1 Tbsp margarine, butter or cooking oil.
Substitute for all or some of the fat depending on the recipe. To substitute for all of the fat, increase liquid by 75% as ground flax absorbs liquid. Baked goods brown more quickly.
- 2 lbs - Lean ground beef
- 1 Cup - Skim milk
- 1/2 cup - Ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup - Dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup - Chopped onion
- 1 - Egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp - Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp - Black pepper
- 1 tsp - Garlic powder
- 1 tsp - Dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp - Celery salt
- 1/4 tsp - Ground Thyme
- 1/4 cup - Ketchup
- In a large bowl, combine beef, milk, ground flax, crumbs, onion, egg, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, garlic, mustard, celery salt and thyme. Mix well.
- Pat mixture into a 22 x 13 x 8 cm (9 x 5 x 3 inch) loaf pan.
- Spread ketchup over top of loaf.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F) 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until no pink remains.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan, place on platter to serve.
Flax Buttermilk Pancakes
- 1/4 Cup - Flax USA Organic Milled Flaxseed
- 2 tsp - Baking powder
- 1 cup - Whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp - Baking soda
- 1 Tbsp - White sugar
- 1 cup - Low-fat buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp - Salt
- 1 Tbsp - Canola oil
- Combine flour, flax, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix egg, milk and oil with whisk.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ones. Gently stir until moistened, but do not over mix. Batter should be lumpy.
- Spray griddle or pan with nonstick spray. Cook pancakes on hot griddle
- Serve with toppings like sliced strawberries, hot cinnamon applesauce or peaches.
Farmland Flax Cookies
- 1 1/3 cups - Butter
- 1 1/4 cups - Granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups - Brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups - Flax seed
- 3 Large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp - Vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups - All-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp - Baking soda
- 3 cups - Oatmeal
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars; add flax seed.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and vanilla together. Combine with flax mixture.
- Sift together the flour and soda. Mix in oatmeal and combine with other ingredients.
- Form dough into 4 cm (1 1/2 inch) round logs.
- Place in freezer and chill.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Slice into .5 cm (1/4 inch) medallions.
- Place on baking sheet leaving about 5 cm (2 inches) between cookies.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes. Remove from sheet and cool
Fat Flush Fruit Smoothie
- 1 cup - Fresh or frozen fruit
- 2 Tbsp - Protein powder
- 8 oz - Cran-water or plain water
- 2 Tbsp - Milled Golden Flax Seed
- 1/4 tsp - Stevia Plus to taste (optional)
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for 2-3 minutes
The Fat Flush Plan by Ann Gittleman recommends flax seed in the daily cleanse.
Long Life Cocktail
- 12 oz bag of cranberries
- 4 cups of purified water
- Stevia Plus (optional) added for sweetness
- 1 Tbsp - Ground Omega Golden Flax Seed
- Boil cranberries in a large saucepan until all the berries pop.
- Strain the juice.
- Fill a 32 oz water bottle with 4 oz of the unsweetened cranberry juice and 28 oz. of water.
- Stir in the Ground Omega Golden Flax Seed
Recommended twice daily (morning and evening) to balance hormones and increase elimination.